Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Some cool Computers images:

Controlling a Computer with Eyes

Computers


Image by cobalt123

Some folks know I work with assistive technology, and this shot is one from many I took in the last few days at a conference in Phoenix. This product is a web camera and computer monitor in one, with the computer user able to control all computer navigation with just eyes. This model features dual eye-tracking. If you look at the largest sizes, you can see the crosshairs registering on the pupil of each eye. Literally with the blink of either eye, the cursor will move, allowing navigation. This demonstator was playing freecell when I walked up to watch him working with the AT. Here, he showed me the registration setting where the device would fix the accuracy to both eyes.

EyeTech - Eye-Gazing Tracking System", using Quick Glass 3 as a mouse-replacement and monitor for Windows 98 through XP.

Playing Computer

Computers


Image by scottpartee

Maple used my new computer's box as her pretend computer. She started using iPhone's multitouch gestures to try to expand the size of the images -- maybe there *is* a future for multitouch displays!

Current Computer Setup

Computers


Image by Ronald Heft

The past few weeks have brought some radical changes to my computer setup. Thought I would give an update. To see how my setup's changed: www.flickr.com/photos/cavemonkey50/tags/setup/

No comments:

Post a Comment