Monday, January 31, 2011

How do I create a new field in Microsoft Access that sums another field in the same query?



Your Ad Here





Question by C: How do I create a new field in Microsoft Access that sums another field in the same query?

I have one field that groups and sums data. I want to create another field that sums everything from that field. For example:

Field 1= Sum(Premiums by Type of insurance) **Reading from a table
Field 2=Sum(Total Premiums by summing up all of Field 1)

Obviously not what I would type into Access, but you get the idea. Any help?




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by stopitallready
You can do a sum of Premiums only this time you don't break it down by type of insurance and it will sum all of it.





What do you think? Answer below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment