Monday, January 31, 2011

Single Mother Jailed For CBT



Your Ad Here



Single_Speed_Franken_Bike_Project

Single


Image by emilydickinsonridesabmx

What should I do with this bike?

This is an odd bicyle, and for some reason I like it quite a bit, but can't figure out what to do with it. I scooped this bike up on Craigslist about 5 years ago for practically nothing, from a kid who needed to sell it by noon that day to mak his rent. When I bought it, I was need of a dependable commuter that was crappy enough to stay locked up around NYC without getting stolen. I rode it around for a couple of weeks, while I tried to figure out what components I should change and what mods it needed to serve that purpose. I was in the process of moving, so I stored it 'temporarily' in the garage of house my Mom owns, but rents out. Through a very bizarre series of occurences (lost garage keys, uncoperative tenants, broken garage door, getting the bike from nowhere New Jersey to South Brooklyn) it was trapped in the garage for the last 4 years. I just got it back this weekend.

Now that have the bke back, I'm still not sure what I should do with it. I'm still leaning towards making it into a winter commuter that I can beat the tar out of, get covered in road salt and lock up on the streets of Brooklyn without worrying too much about it.

Any suggestions, O' Great People of the Internet? I don't have any major need for this bike (I have way too many as it is...), so I'd like to try something fun and creative.

Here's the rundown.

Frame: Not sure exactly. It's Cro-Moly steel accoridng to the one sticker on the downtube, and has braze ons for disc brakes, shifters and brake cables on the top tube and two sets of bottle mounts. There are mounts for a fender/rack in the rear as well.

Fork: Old style suspension fork. The kid I got it from said it was a late 90's Rock Shox (No stickers or marking, so who knows). Seems to do it thing well enough.

Stem: Ritchey, and way too long for the setup of the bike.
Makes the suspension fork compress way too often.
Bars: Azonic MTB bars with a nice rise. Pretty comfy.

Cranks: Race Face North Shore SX with a single 46T ring.

Wheels: Mavic 517 XS rims laced to SunTour hubs, 36 spoke, with an ACS 17T freewheel. Nice ratio, eh?

Brakes: Avid Speed Dial 5 levers with Shimano XTR Calipers.

The bike came set up a single speed, with a Singlenator (sort of a like a deraileur, without the shifting chanism, designed to keep the chain taut on single speed bikes that have front facing drop outs). The singelnator doesn't work too well.

That's the strange set of components that I'm working with on this Frankenbike.

As an aside, this is actually a fairlly fun bike to ride because it's set up so strangely, although it's twitchy and the balance is way off.

Single Mother Jailed For CBT

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 28 (Bernama) -- A single mother with three children was sentenced to a year's jail by the Sessions Court here today after she was found guilty of criminal breach of trust, involving RM41,518.50 belonging to the IBU Family Resource Group Association Kuala Lumpur.

Read more on Bernama







SINGLE MOTHER JAILED FOR CBT

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 28 (Bernama) -- A single mother with three children was sentenced to a year''s jail by the Sessions Court here today after she was found guilty of criminal breach of trust, involving RM41,518.50 belonging to the IBU Family Resource Group Association Kuala Lumpur.

Read more on Bernama via Yahoo! Malaysia News







Single bidder awarded Fairhope lawn contract

FAIRHOPE, Ala. - The City Council voted Monday to award a contract for some city landscaping services to the single bidder on the project.

Read more on BaldwinCountyNow.com








Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment