Monday, February 21, 2011

Q&A: What makes a single celled organism an organism and not just a cell?



Your Ad Here





Question by A Link to the Past: What makes a single celled organism an organism and not just a cell?

I guess I'm just not understanding what property defines an organism, and how single celled organisms qualify. I'm writing a paper for college about the characteristics and emergent properties of an organism and a population of organisms.
Oh thanks! I knew it was something similar to that, I just couldn't put my finger on it. I was searching for the properties of living organisms, but could never really find a complete list. That helps.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by yellowfellow
What I have understood from my study is that a organisms (single or multi-cellular) can performs the functions of life ( feed, grow, reproduce...) but a simple single cell can't perform all the functions for its survival.





Add your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment